The Adobe in 1952 before rehabilitation led by K.L. Carver.
Courtesy of San Marino Historical Society.
The San Marino Historical Society maintained this structure for many years, but stewardship has passed to The Friends of the Michael White Adobe, formed in 2009. The friends are now overseeing the building. Water damaged adobe blocks at lower sections of walls have been replaced and the building stabilized. It is opened for special occasion like homecoming and for tours.
Lower plaster removed to examine the condition of adobe blocks and decide which ones need replacement. Photo by Raymond Kwan, 2016.
Repair and stabilizing water damaged corner of Adobe. Photo by Raymond Kwan, 2016.
New adobe block installed at water damaged corner. Photo by Raymond Kwan, 2016.
"It was planned at that time, 1952, that the house would become an integral part of the community used partly as an historical site and partly as a meeting place for campus organizations.”
K.L. Carver, Former President
San Marino School District